Career and Academic Planning for Science & Health (CAP-SH) Program
CAP-SH Series Schedule
What is CAP?
- Student-Faculty mentorship program with a series of activities and events to help with career and academic planning
- Advice, encouragement and support from faculty, college staff and industry leaders
- Support for setting career and academic goals
- At least 7 events will be offered throughout fall semester, most will be Tuesdays or Wednesdays, 12-1pm. Most events will be held in person.
Benefits of participating:
- Increase confidence and skills through development and exploration of careers
- Increase sense of belonging with peers and faculty
- More targeted guidance on academic/career planning
- Enrolled in at least 6 semester credits at Saint Paul College
- Interest in science or health career path (Note that it is not geared for Practical Nursing or Medical Office Professionals
- Submit a signed consent form and mentoring plan each semester in the program
- Answer survey one time per semester
- Meet with faculty mentor three times (phone, video conference, or in-person). One time should be in the first month of the semester, and one later in the semester.
- Communicate with faculty mentor to keep them updated on plans.
- Attend at least 5 co-curricular events per semester. These are beneficial events for students to gain skills, learn about careers, investigate transfer options, or attend field trips
- Use student email and/or MS Teams to stay informed on program activities, events and announcements
- Successful program completion or continuation as a student at Saint Paul College
Successful completion of all requirements:
- $500 stipend
- Eligibility to serve as a CAP mentor in subsequent semesters
Become a Student Ambassador!
- 4-month commitment
- Attend 2-3 hour orientation
- Lead a workshop or plan an event
- Attend at least 7 program events
- Act as breakout session leader and assist during events
- Assist in recruitment and marketing the program
- Earn a $1,000 stipend
Space is limited. Applications will be accepted until the program is full.
Sign Up Today!