Work as a Peer Tutor
Academic Support Centers at Saint Paul College seeks students to work as peer tutors in a variety of subjects, including Accounting, Biology, Chemistry, EAPP, English, Health Care Ethics, Logic, Math, and Physics.
Peer tutors are an important part of the Academic Support Centers team. They provide individual and small group tutoring services to all current Saint Paul College students. Tutors help students understand their assignments, explain key concepts of course materials, offer feedback and encouragement, and share appropriate resources.
The position pays $14.00 an hour.
No prior tutoring experience is required, and paid training is provided. Academic Support Centers offers an education program that introduces peer tutors to effective and inclusive tutoring practices, provides learning opportunities to continue developing their discipline-specific knowledge, and embeds ongoing mentorship to support peer tutors’ academic and professional development.
Strong candidates will possess the following qualities:
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Desire to help others learn
- Desire to work with a diverse population of learners
- Responsible, dependable, honest, and mature
- Strong active listening skills
Applications are accepted throughout the academic year. To apply, email the following items to email@example.com:
- Your resume
- Your unofficial Saint Paul College Transcript
- A “Faculty Recommendation Form” completed by a current or former instructor
- A writing sample (a writing sample is only necessary if you are applying to be a writing or EAPP peer tutor)
If you have any questions about the application process or position, call 651.403.4466, or email