FREE peer tutoring for all Saint Paul College students!
Walk-ins are welcome – no appointment necessary!
Free tutoring is provided for all current Saint Paul College students in the Tutoring Center. The Tutoring Center provides academic resources and support to help students become more successful and achieve their academic goals.
View Peer Tutoring information and how to apply to become a Peer Tutor.
We provide tutoring in a wide range of Saint Paul College courses including, but not limited to, the following:
- American Sign Language (ASL)
- Computer Basics
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- Microsoft Office
- Study Skills
- All Levels of Math
- Essay Writing
- Any Writing Related Questions
If you don’t see your subject listed stop by and ask about availability for tutoring.
Free Online Tutoring
Free 24/7 online tutoring is available to all Saint Paul College students. Connect to a tutor any time, any place, on any device that can access the internet. Online tutoring at Saint Paul College is powered by Tutor.com.
Need help with an assignment? Stuck on a problem? Want someone to review your paper? Online tutoring is easy to use at home, on campus, or anywhere you study.
- Log in to D2L Brightspace with your Star ID and password, and select the Tutor.com link on the right side of your home page under "Tutoring/Library".
- Choose help from many topics and subjects, including Math, Science, English, History, Computer Science, Social Sciences, Career Help
- Get connected to a professional tutor from Tutor.com (tutors are not Saint Paul College students).
For help using online tutoring, please see a tutor in the Tutoring Center (Room 3125), or call 651.403.4466. For problems logging in to your D2L Brightspace account, please send an e-mail to
D2L Brightspace Help.
Tutors and tutoring policy
All tutoring center tutors are peer tutors. Peer tutors are faculty-recommended and extensively trained students who have demonstrated both strong subject proficiency as well as an aptitude for communicating complex concepts in a clear manner. Our tutors also possess an enthusiasm for learning and enjoy helping others.
The tutors are instructed to help students become more independent in their academic pursuits. Tutors are not permitted to correct or complete problems or assignments for students, proofread or edit student papers, or teach students course content because they have been absent from class.
View more information on tutoring policies
Prepare for successful tutoring sessions
Our primary goal is to help students become independent learners. Students will make the most of our tutoring services if they do the following:
- Bring their assignment, textbook and syllabus with them
- Prepare specific questions for their tutor
- Begin their assignment (or at least try to)
- Bring a positive attitude and a willingness to try
Tutors will do the following for students:
- Review rules, concepts and types of problems with them
- Ensure that they are following the directions of their assignment correctly
- Find patterns of errors in their paper
- Give them valuable feedback on their paper
- Help them to better organize their writing
- Help them to find the answer themselves
- Offer them study tips
- Offer them encouragement
- Direct them to important self-help resources
If you have any questions about tutoring, please e-mail us at
Tutoring Services or call us at 651.403.4466