Science Scholar Program Application
The Science Scholar Program at Saint Paul College aims to increase science degree completion of low-income, high-achieving undergraduates with demonstrated financial need. Selected students will be awarded up to $16,000 over up to eight semesters, including summer ($3000 per semester at 12+ credits, $2000 per semester at 6-11 credits, $2000 for 6-11 credits in summer). Scholars will participate in relationship-building co-curricular activities to increase their success: faculty and peer mentoring, science-related campus events and service-learning, and a semester long undergraduate research project.
Scholars will be selected based on financial need, credit load (full-time is preferred), interest in a science career (based on major selection and/or Application Question answer), and academic talent (based on previous GPA and Application Question answer).
To qualify, students must:
- Be registered for at least six credits at Saint Paul College.
- Major in one of the four eligible programs: Science and Engineering Technology A.S., Biology Transfer Pathway A.S., Chemistry Transfer Pathway A.S., Engineering Broad Field A.S.
- Have demonstrated financial need through eligibility for a Federal Pell Grant, Minnesota State Grant, or other need.
- Be a US Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Asylee with FAFSA on file.
- Fill out the following application by 12/17/21.
This scholarship automatically renews if the student maintains their eligibility status: enrolls in at least six credits each semester, stays in one of the eligible majors, and participates in mentoring and some co-curricular activities.
Please email Kristyn VanderWaal Mills at