Prior to submitting the Application to Practical Nursing Major form, an applicant must:
1. Complete the ACCUPLACER assessment and meet Minimum Program Entry Requirements.
2. Complete all prerequisites prior to PRNS courses with the overall cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher and a minimum of C in each of the courses.
3. Complete all college level courses with a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
4. Attend a Practical Nursing Information Session. An overview of the program is presented that includes: expectations, schedule of classes/clinical, and requirements for admission.
5. Complete the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS VI) with a score of 50 or higher.
6. Nursing Assistant certification, obtained within the last five years, or active Minnesota Nursing Registry is required starting Spring 2018.
7. Submit a record of the required immunizations prior to the semester in which the student registers for clinical courses.
The practical nursing admissions committee will review each application and determine admission on the basis of overall academic performance, including all previous college course work, GPA, ACCUPLACER assessment scores and Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS VI) scores. Notification of acceptance into the Practical Nursing major will be sent approximately 4-6 weeks after the admissions committee has met.