|91|| ||/programs/Pages/Nail-Care-Technician.aspx||Wellness and Service Programs||No||Michael Johnson 2||4/28/2020 8:11 AM|
Nail Care Technician Certificate
Nail Care and Eyelash Extensions Technician Certificate
|Nail Care Technician Certificate||Nail Care and Eyelash Extensions Technician Certificate ||11/18/2016 3:33 PM|
After Nail Care Technician students complete 350 hours of skills and theory training and pass the written exam given through the State designated testing service, and skills certification they are eligible for licensure from the Minnesota Board of Cosmetologist Examiners.
- Nail salons
- Full service salons
- Day spas
- Become self employed
|Nail Care Technician Certificate||Nail Care Technician|
Nail Care Technician services include the cleaning, shaping, conditioning and care for the fingers, hands, toes and feet as well as the preparation and application of artificial nails.
Physical requirements include finger dexterity, negative allergic reaction to cosmetic preparations, and artistic flair for creative design. The nail technician should enjoy working with the public and in a team atmosphere. People skills and time management skills are essential.
Graduates of the Nail Care Technician Certificate program will be prepared to take the skills certification.
Licensing or certification exams are independent of graduation requirements.
Program Delivery Methods
Online, hybrid, traditional in-class courses and hands-on training in state-of-the-art lab on Saint Paul College campus, St. Paul, MN
- Students should expect to spend approximately $700.00 for nail care kits, supplies and books. This cost is in addition to tuition and fees. Be prepared to purchase kits the first day of class from the book store with the instructor. Financial aid must have been completed.
- All books MUST be purchased before classes begin.
- There is an additional fee to take the licensure exam.
|Nail Care Program Video|
- How to perform manicures and pedicures
- Preparation and application of artificial and sculpted nails
- How to properly clean and shape nails
- Conditioning and care for the hands and feet
- Minnesota laws and rules, safety and sanitation