|8|| ||/programs/Pages/hospitality-management.aspx||Business Programs||Yes||Michael Johnson 2||4/19/2019 8:35 AM|
Hospitality Management Associate of Applied Science Degree
|Hospitality Management AAS||10/20/2016 11:10 AM||Accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)|
- Gain understanding of broad hospitality and food service concepts and key principles in the lodging industry
- Develop strong customer service skills and practices, including strong communications, problem-solving and human relations skills
- Learn management and marketing principles that apply to most organizations and industries.
- Hotel/lodging operation and management
- Travel and tourism management
- Food service management
- Convention, meeting and event management
- Municipal youth sports and recreation management
- Entertainment management
The Hospitality Management Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Degree curriculum focuses on the management of today’s exciting hospitality and entertainment industries. Courses examine careers and organizations in lodging, tourism, leisure, recreation, entertainment, food and beverage operations. Students
will receive a solid foundation of business practices related to the growing hospitality service industry.
to Hospitality Minnesota, hospitality is the state’s second-largest industry,
suggesting high profitability for a student pursuing an associate’s in hospitality management in MN. Nationally, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates have noted that the hospitality industry would generate 6.4% new jobs by 2024. Locally, Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development predicts job growth for Leisure and Hospitality positions to grow from 5%-12.1% (varies by job) by the year 2024.
Program Delivery Methods
Hybrid, online and traditional in-class courses on Saint Paul College campus, St. Paul, MN
Saint Paul College has transfer articulation agreements between the following program and post-secondary institutions for the baccalaureate degree programs listed below.
For more information please go to www.saintpaul.edu/Transfer.
Hospitality Management AAS Degree
- BA Individualized Studies, Metropolitan State University
- BA Travel and Tourism, St. Cloud State University
- BS Marketing, Saint Mary’s University-Twin Cities Campus
- Hospitality and food service concepts
- Travel and tourism industry
- Management principles in the lodging industry
- Customer service skills and practices
- Hospitality and entertainment marketing and sales