|28|| ||/programs/Pages/plumbing.aspx||Career & Technical Programs||No||Michael Johnson 2||3/22/2023 10:14 AM|
The next available start date is Spring 2024. The deadline is September 30, 2023 to apply and complete the ACCUPLACER assessment. Please contact the Admissions Team at email@example.com
or at 651.846.1555 to learn about the enrollment steps.
|10/20/2016 11:50 AM||Yes|
- Upon completion of the program, the graduate may enter into a five-year apprenticeship program that involves on-the-job training and 180 hours of related training each year.
- Before becoming a journeyperson plumber, the apprentice must pass the Minnesota State Plumbing Examination. Licensing is by the State Board of Health.
- Commercial, residential and industrial settings
- Power plants
- Waste disposal plants
- Water treatment facilities
|Plumbing Gainful Employment Info||Plumbing Diploma|
The Plumbing Diploma program is a part-time, evening program that starts each spring. Call Rick Gale, Program Coordinator, St. Paul Plumbers JATC, at 651.846.1389 for questions about the program.
Contact the One Stop at
firstname.lastname@example.org or at 651.846.1555 for questions about the application, deadlines and the enrollment process.
Plumbing Diploma program trains apprentices in commercial, residential and industrial
Plumbers install and maintain the water, waste disposal, soil and vent, drainage and gas systems in homes and in commercial and industrial buildings. Plumbers also install faucets, bathtubs, sinks and toilets, and such appliances as dishwashers and water heaters. Plumbers often work from blueprints and specifications and are knowledgeable about building and plumbing codes which govern installations.
Program Delivery Methods
Traditional in-class and hands-on training in state-of-the-art lab on Saint Paul College campus, St. Paul, MN
The Plumbing Diploma program is a restricted enrollment program offered through the Plumbers and Gasfitters Local 34 and Saint Paul College. Admission to the Plumbing Apprenticeship program is required for enrollment in this diploma program.
Those enrolled in the Plumbing Diploma program are subject to the St. Paul Plumbers & Gasfitters Apprenticeship Standards, as well as the Saint Paul College Student Code of Conduct and Academic Integrity Policy. Violations of these standards or policies may result in removal from both the apprenticeship program and the plumbing diploma classes.
Concurrent enrollment in both the apprenticeship program and plumbing classes is required.
To be added to the interview list, students must do the following by the deadline:
- Apply to the College, and list the Plumbing Diploma as your major of interest. List one major only in your application.
- Take the ACCUPLACER assessment and receive the following scores:
Reading: Score of 248+
Arithmetic: Score of 250+
Students may take the ACCUPLACER twice a calendar year.
Applicants must be high school graduates or equivalent. High school courses in mathematics, science, mechanical drawing and wood or metal shop will be helpful.
Saint Paul College has a transfer articulation agreement between the following program and post-secondary institution for the baccalaureate degree program listed below.
For more information go to www.saintpaul.edu/Transfer.
- BS Operations Management, Minnesota State University-Moorhead
- Safe and proper use of tools used in the plumbing field
- How to install piping in commercial, residential and industrial buildings
- Blueprint reading
- Code and proper installation practices
- Science and math skills needed in the plumbing field