|27|| ||/programs/Pages/pipefitting.aspx||Career & Technical Programs||No||Michael Johnson 2||4/6/2022 1:53 PM|
The next available start date for this program is Fall 2022. The deadline to apply and take the ACCUPLACER is April 15, 2022
|10/20/2016 11:50 AM||Yes|
- Heating, air conditioning, refrigeration, and temperature control fields
- Oil refineries, chemical plants, food processing facilities, manufacturing plants, retail and wholesale food stores, and ice rinks
- Universities, schools, government agencies and utility companies
|Pipefitting Gainful Employment Info||Pipefitting Diploma|
Pipefitters install, maintain, and repair high and low pressure steam systems, high low pressure hot water systems, snow melting systems, refrigeration systems, heating, gas and oil piping pneumatic, electronic controls, air conditioning and also provide instrumentation and valve repair. These systems are installed in all types of weather conditions. These skills are used working in residential, commercial, and industrial installations. Pipefitters do heavy lifting and are required to work both indoors and outside, often times in confined spaces.
Program Delivery Methods
Traditional in-class and hands-on training in state-of-the-art lab on Saint Paul College campus, St. Paul, MN
The Pipefitting Diploma is a restricted enrollment joint program offered through the St. Paul Pipefitters Local 455 and Saint Paul College.
Admission to the Pipefitters Apprenticeship program is required for enrollment in this program.
Students are accepted through St. Paul Pipefitters Local 455 JAC; 651.455.5282 or
Applicants must be high school graduates or the equivalent and should enjoy working in a demanding trade that requires both mental alertness and physical stamina.
To be added to the interview list, students must do the following by the deadline:
- Apply to the College, and list the Pipefitting Diploma as your major of interest. List one major only in your application.
- Take the ACCUPLACER assessment and receive the following scores:
- Reading: Score of 248+
- Arithmetic: Score of 250+
Students may take the ACCUPLACER twice a calendar year. If a student does not receive the scores needed they can take additional course work at Saint Paul College to be considered for an interview. Completion of this coursework does not guarantee acceptance into the program
Student Supplies and Tools Costs
Approximate additional program costs include the following:
Saint Paul College has a transfer articulation agreement between the following program and post-secondary institution for the baccalaureate degree program listed below. For more information please contact a transfer specialist or go to www.saintpaul.edu/Transfer.
- BS Operations Management, Minnesota State University-Moorhead
- Science and math skills needed in the piping systems
- Knowledge and skills to install piping systems in commercial and industrial buildings
- Basic knowledge to properly install and operate low and high pressure steam systems
|Female student assembling metal pipes|