|7|| ||/programs/Pages/global-trade.aspx||Business Programs||Yes||Michael Johnson 2||4/25/2019 8:52 AM|
Global Trade Specialist Associate of Applied Science Degree
Global Trade Professional Certificate
|Global Trade Specialist AAS||Global Trade Professional Certificate||10/20/2016 11:10 AM||Accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)|
- Learn from experienced instructors who teach in a "hands on" environment.
- Develop technical knowledge through the use of computer software systems.
- Work as an intern in a business environment while attending college.
- Prepare to work in the international market place in the fast-growing Export-Import field.
- Export and import departments of businesses
- International Sales/Marketing Assistant
- International Marketing Communication Coordinator
- International Customer Service Coordinator
- Export-Import Coordinator
- Datacard Group
- Wells Fargo
- Polaris Industries
- Donaldson Company, Inc.
- Best Buy
|Global Trade||Global Trade Professional Certificate|
Careers in global trade, also known as international trade, offer you the opportunity to work in the international marketplace. Global trade specialists work with people from foreign countries, handling foreign orders, filling overseas orders, and determining tariff rates for the entry of foreign goods through U.S. Customs.
The Global Trade Specialist Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Degree program provides an excellent foundation for individuals wanting to be entrepreneurs in the growing import/export field. Global trade is especially suited for persons who are self-reliant, imaginative, adaptable, and who possess an interest in working with people from other cultures.
The Global Trade Professional Certificate program is transferable to the Global Trade Specialist AAS program. This certificate program is designed for an individual who is currently working in the global trade/logistics field, or has a prior degree. It is not for entry level to the global trade field, but is designed as an add-on certificate to enhance and build on prior knowledge.
Program Delivery Methods
Hybrid, online and traditional in-class courses on Saint Paul College campus, St. Paul, MN
Saint Paul College has transfer articulation agreements between the following program and post-secondary institutions for the baccalaureate degree programs listed below.
For more information please go to www.saintpaul.edu/Transfer.
Global Trade AAS Degree
- BAS International Commerce, Metropolitan State University
- BS Applied Organizational Studies, Minnesota State University-Mankato
- BS Business Administration, Saint Mary's University-Twin Cities Campus
- BA Individualized Studies, Metropolitan State University
|Global Trade Video|
- Export and import compliance
- Filling overseas orders for goods and services
- Export shipping and documentation labeling to suit overseas markets
- Determining tariff rates for the entry of foreign goods
- An understanding of U.S. customs regulations and classifications