|81|| ||/programs/Pages/engineering-broad-field.aspx||STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering and Math||Yes||Michael Johnson 2||3/22/2023 9:56 AM|
Engineering Broad Field Associate of Science Degree
|Engineering Broad Field AS||10/28/2016 3:21 PM||No|
Transfer Option - Twin Cities Engineering on Normandale Community College Campus
This AS degree transfers into Twin Cities Engineering which offers the Integrated Engineering Bachelor of Science in Engineering from Minnesota State University, Mankato. Twin Cities Engineering is located in the Partnership Center on the Normandale Community College campus. Students select a focus area depending on what they are interested in. Many students focus in mechanical and electrical engineering, but some choose an interdisciplinary route. For more information about Twin Cities Engineering, visit their site:
Engineering includes careers with branches in civil, agricultural, chemical, electrical, mechanical, and aerospace sciences, to name a few.
|Gainful Employment Info|
Transfer Specialists are the Academic Advisors for the Engineering Broad Field AS degree. They are located in the Advising Center, Room 1340, Main Floor. For assistance or additional information about the specific articulation agreements, please call or email the Transfer Center at 651.846.1739 or email@example.com.
Engineering is a profession that uses basic knowledge from the mathematical and natural sciences and utilizes the materials and forces of nature to develop systems that will perform optimally and economically for the benefit of mankind.
Engineering Broad Field Associate of Science (AS) degree is designed to provide for a student’s first two years of a four-year engineering degree. The curriculum is designed to meet the needs of those students who have not yet decided on a specific engineering field. This degree is part of a state-wide articulation program and designed to transfer easily.
The Engineering Broad Field program focuses on developing a fundamental knowledge of physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
Program Delivery Methods
Online, hybrid, traditional in-class courses and hands-on training in state-of-the-art labs on Saint Paul College campus, St. Paul, MN
Saint Paul College has transfer articulation agreements between the following program and post-secondary institutions for the baccalaureate degree programs listed below.
For more information please go to www.saintpaul.edu/Transfer.
Engineering Broad Field AS Degree
- BSCE Civil Engineering, Minnesota State University-Mankato
- BSEC Computer Engineering, Minnesota State University-Mankato
- BSEE Electrical Engineering, Minnesota State University-Mankato
- BSE General Engineering, Minnesota State University-Mankato
- BSME Mechanical Engineering, Minnesota State University-Mankato
- BSE Integrated Engineering, Minnesota State University-Mankato, offered at Normandale location
- BS Computer Engineering, St. Cloud State University
- BS Electrical Engineering, St. Cloud State University
- BS Manufacturing Engineering, St. Cloud State University
- BS Mechanical Engineering, St. Cloud State University
- BS Composite Materials Engineering, Winona State University
|Engineering Broad Field|
- How to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering in the solution of engineering problems
- How to design and conduct experiments as well as analyze and interpret results
- How to design an engineering system, component, or process to meet the desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- How to utilize techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Prestigious National Science Foundation Grant Awarded