|78|| ||/programs/Pages/computer-programming.aspx||STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering and Math||Yes||Web Development Certificate||Web Based 2D Game Development Certificate||Michael Johnson 2||3/22/2023 9:49 AM|
Computer Programming Associate of Applied Science Degree
|Computer Programming AAS||10/28/2016 3:20 PM||No|
- Each focus area is also offered as a certificate program. Students can easily earn additional certificates to make themselves more marketable in the programming/coding industry.
- Educational programs emphasize training for industry certification.
- Jobs for computer programmers for all types of computer systems are found throughout the country with opportunities for good earning and rapid advancement.
Programmers/Coders will find work in a number of settings such as Manufacturing, Government agencies, Education and all other private industry settings. Common job titles include:
- Application Developer
- Applications Programmers
- Database or Systems Support Specialists
- Systems Analyst
- MIS Coordinators
|Gainful Employment Info||Java Programming Certificate|
The job of the applications programmer/coder is to (1) review job specifications for a given project and (2) plan, code, test, and document a solution which takes the available data input and produces the desired output in the form of a printed report or a screen display.
The programming/coding language(s) used depends on the nature of the problem and the languages available to the programmer at his/her installation. Programmers/Coders need above average communications and math skills. Programmers/Coders also need to possess the qualities of patience, perseverance, and preciseness, and should enjoy working in a team environment and also be able to work independently.
Students enrolled in the
Computer Programming AAS Degree program have 3 focus areas, or emphases, available to them:
Java Programming Emphasis - Students will focus on the use of the Java programming language for web development.
Web Development Emphasis – Students focus on the use of HTML5, client-side programming using AJAX and server-side programming for database development and technologies like JSP/Servlets and Ruby on Rails.
Program Delivery Methods
Online, hybrid, traditional in-class courses and hands-on training in state-of-the-art labs on Saint Paul College campus, St. Paul, MN
Saint Paul College has transfer articulation agreements between the following program and post-secondary institutions for the baccalaureate degree programs listed below.
For more information please go to www.saintpaul.edu/Transfer.
Computer Programming AAS Degree
- BS Operations Management, Minnesota State University-Moorhead
- BS Information Technology, Saint Mary's University-Twin Cities Campus
- BS Computer Information Systems, College of St. Scholastica
- BA Individualized Studies, Metropolitan State University
Depending on the focus you select, you will learn varying programming languages and skills, including:
- Design and code production software applications – Using such languages as HTML5, Java, and Python
- Analyze complex organizational problems
- Develop design specifications to meet project needs and outcomes
- Use industry standard database management systems to support their applications
- Legacy programming/coding languages utilized in large mainframe settings
|Graphic of Computer Binary Code|