|77|| ||/programs/Pages/computer-networking-careers.aspx||STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering and Math||Yes||Michael Johnson 2||5/30/2019 9:24 AM|
Computer Network Engineering Associate of Applied Science Degree
Network Administration Certificate
|Computer Network Engineering AAS||Network Administration Certificate||10/28/2016 3:20 PM|
- Gain experience in system design, analysis, and maintenance with the latest computer technology.
- Gain additional experience in troubleshooting various PC-related problems.
- Networking Engineer
- Network Administrator
- Certified Network Engineer
- PC Hardware Technician
- Network Help Desk Support
- Twin Modal, Inc.
- Signature Software, Inc.
- City of Saint Paul
- Department of Revenue, State of Minnesota
- Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System
|Gainful Employment Info||Network Administration - 24 credit Certificate|
With almost every size company connected to some type of computer network, the jobs in networking have become the fastest growing jobs in the computer field. With companies networking to share resources and reduce expenses the networking specialist is an invaluable part of the company structure.
Networking Specialists can work in a wide variety of jobs, including
purchasing, installing, configuring, administrating, and user support.
The Computer Network Engineering AAS Degree prepares students for immediate employment or transfer to post-secondary institutions to complete a bachelor's degree. The degree also prepares students to take industry certification exams.
The Network Administration Certificate is designed for individuals who already have acquired at least a minimum level of technical computer skills, either through previous education, training, and/or experience. It is designed to enhance one’s current computer knowledge and skills.
Program Delivery Methods
Online, hybrid, traditional in-class courses and hands-on training in state-of-the-art labs on Saint Paul College campus, St. Paul, MN
Saint Paul College has transfer articulation agreements between the following program and post-secondary institutions for the baccalaureate degree programs listed below.
For more information go to www.saintpaul.edu/Transfer.
Computer Network Engineering AAS Degree
- BS Operations Management, Minnesota State University-Moorhead
- BS Information Technology, Saint Mary's University-Twin Cities Campus
- BS Computer Information Systems, College of St. Scholastica
- BA Individualized Studies, Metropolitan State University
- Detailed understanding of PC hardware, including the many subsystems involved in processing and storing data
- Multiple operating systems (OS) and how to customize and troubleshoot each OS
- Basic networking theory with special emphasis placed on the TCP/IP family of networking protocols and how they apply to Microsoft and/or Linux network models
- Experience working with various networking hardware and with exposure to multiple network topologies and configurations
|Male student working on computer|