|2|| ||/programs/Pages/accounting.aspx||Business Programs||Yes|
Accounting Associate of Applied Science Degree
Accounting Technician Diploma
|Accounting Associate of Applied Science Degree||Accounting Technician Diploma||Accounting Certificate||No||accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)|
- Accounting departments in governmental agencies
- Financial institutions
- Private business and industry
- Public accounting firms
- Work in the areas of public or private accounting, non-profit accounting, auditing, taxation, cost accounting or managerial positions.
- First Bank Systems
- Cortec Corporation
- Medtronic, Inc.
- City of Saint Paul
- Berc & Fox Ltd., CPA
|Accounting||Accounting Diploma||Abstract Financial Figures|
An accountant examines, analyzes and interprets accounting data for the purpose of giving advice and preparing financial statements. Duties may include performing such activities as recording receipts and disbursements, and preparing state and federal reports. The accountant may prepare reports and statements on a computer or manually.
Excellent reading skills and a combination of interest and ability to concentrate on detail, an analytical mind, good judgment and absolute integrity are necessary for success in the field of accounting.
Accounting Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Degree program prepares students for immediate employment in related business support areas. Students will learn accounting theory, financial statement analysis, and accounting computer software applications.
Accounting Technician Diploma program prepares students to monitor and control various types of electronic data processing equipment used to process accounting data. Software applications would include automated general ledger and other accounting subsystems, spreadsheet applications, database management, and the use of graphics. The accounting technician may also assist in the planning and implementation of automated accounting systems.
The Accounting Certificate targets Finance and Business students with an interest in accounting and a desire to add an Accounting Certificate to their resume and enhance their career path and potential. Finance students pursuing an AS degree from Saint Paul College can obtain this Certificate by taking four additional courses.
Program Delivery Methods
Hybrid, online and traditional in-class courses on Saint Paul College campus, St. Paul, MN
- How to examine, analyze and interpret accounting data.
- Use of computer software application to prepare general ledgers, accounting subsystems, spreadsheet applications and data base management.
- Preparation of financial information and statements.
- Preparation of State and Federal reports.
- Knowledge of State and Federal tax requirements and preparation of tax returns.
Saint Paul College has transfer articulation agreements between the following program and post-secondary institutions for the baccalaureate degree programs listed below.
For more information please go to www.saintpaul.edu/Transfer.
Accounting AAS Degree
- BA Individualized Studies, Metropolitan State University