|89|| ||/programs/Pages/Wine-Professional.aspx||Wellness and Service Programs||No||Michael Johnson 2||6/9/2020 12:59 PM|
Wine Professional Certificate
|Wine Professional Certificate||11/18/2016 10:17 AM|
- Students will graduate with a strong knowledge of wine, wine service skills and wine marketing strategies.
- Graduates will have knowledge and skills in wine business considerations, including wine merchandising, marketing, public relations.
- Experience professional training in a hands-on environment
- Students will graduate with portfolio pieces that will aid in their job search.
- Restaurant and hospitality industry
- Wine distribution companies
- Wholesale / retail wine trade companies
- Minnesota (Regional) wineries
Alumni Spotlight: Wine Professionals
The Wine Professional Certificate program is an intensive, professional development program that covers the fundamentals of viticulture, winemaking techniques, major wine regions and styles, sensory evaluation of wine, professional wine service, the business of wine, and wine marketing strategies.
Wine sales are an important profit center for the restaurant/ hospitality industry and thus a comprehensive knowledge of wine is critical for maximizing outcomes. Graduates of this program will be prepared for careers in the restaurant/hospitality industry, wine distribution and wholesale/retail wine trade. Intended for hospitality professionals this certificate program would also delight the wine enthusiast.
All 9 credits in the Wine Professional
Certification MN program at Saint Paul College, St. Paul,
MN, must be taken concurrently.
Program Delivery Methods
Online, hybrid, traditional in-class courses and hands-on training in state-of-the-art lab on Saint Paul College campus, St. Paul, MN
- How to enhance wine and food pairing opportunities
- How to improve menu and wine list compatibility
- Fundamentals of viticulture and winemaking
- Professional wine service techniques and choosing appropriate equipment
- Grape varietals used to make wine, including the impact of terroir (climate/soil)
- Professional tasting techniques for assessment and evaluation of wine
- Wine producing regions of the world
- Wine business considerations such as pricing, trends, environmental storage, and wine regulations
|Male and Female Students examining wine|