Power of YOU Program
Power of YOU helps empower students to reach their full potential. Students gain important leadership skills in a supportive structure where they identify their personal gifts, skills, and talents, and discover a suitable educational path that empowers them to maximize their potential based on their unique skills and passions. The Saint Paul College Power of YOU program has helped many students close achievement gaps, improve student performance, and enhance career opportunities.
Power of YOU program at Saint Paul College
- Individualized academic advising and goal setting with the Power of YOU Navigators, including registration guidance each semester to ensure enrollment in classes and FAFSA completion.
- Career development services/assessments/workshops.
- Academic support provided by our professional tutoring fellows dedicated to Power of YOU students.
- Intervention through the early alert retention system.
- Monthly workshops focusing on college success strategies, study skills, career development, and financial literacy.
- Visits from four-year colleges/universities to help guide in successful transfer opportunities.
- FAFSA workshop opportunities to ensure FAFSA is completed, submitted on time, and accurate.
- Campus community engagement through social and academic activities with other Power of YOU students.
- Power of YOU Learning Communities - Specific classes in Math, English, and Reading provided only to Power of YOU students.
Apply to Saint Paul College to be considered for the Power of YOU program. Admission to the college does not mean that you have been accepted into the Power of YOU program. A separate application for the Power of YOU program is no longer necessary. Admission to the program will be determined on eligibility requirements, complete the application steps by the deadline, and need of academic support.
Apply to Saint Paul College online at:
Eligible high schools for Power of YOU at Saint Paul College
- All Saint Paul or Minneapolis public schools or public charter schools
- Brooklyn Center Secondary
- Columbia Heights High School
- Henry Sibley High School
- Richfield High School
- Robbinsdale Cooper High School
- Roseville Area High School
- Simley High School
- South St. Paul Secondary
- Woodbury High School
If accepted into the Power of YOU program, you will receive an email from the Power of YOU program for your commitment to:
- Register as a full-time student
- Attend the Power of YOU Orientation and Welcome Day
- Attend all classes as scheduled while meeting satisfactory academic progress standards
- Meet with your Power of YOU Navigator at least three times twice per semester
- Engage in 10 hours of campus activities each semester
- Completing 10 hours of volunteerism or service learning each semester
NOTE: The Power of YOU program will send updates to the email listed on your Saint Paul College application. Please make sure you have a valid working email to remain in communication with the college and the program.
* Submitting a FAFSA is just the first step in completing the financial aid process, which may take several weeks. Submit your FAFSA early to make sure it is completed before the Saint Paul College Power of YOU application deadline
** Provide proof of high school diploma by submitting the final high school transcript after graduation. The high school transcript must have a printed graduation date listed. Request high school transcripts to be sent to Saint Paul College. If you have completed any college courses while in high school, request official transcripts from all secondary and post-secondary institutions to be sent to Saint Paul College.
Meet the Staff
Supporters of the Power of You Program This Year Include: