Skip to main content Sign In

Saint Paul College A Community & Technical College


Transfer Services FAQ

Transfer Options

What is the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC)?
The Minnesota Transfer Curriculum is briefly outlined on the Associate in Arts page. This curriculum was designed to help standardize General Education requirements, enabling students to transfer from one institution to another without losing credits. Ten goals were developed, based on subject areas or themes. Further information is available at

I am an AS or AAS degree student, what are my transfer options?
An AS has 30 general education credits and an AAS degree requires a minimum of 16 general education credits. All general education courses will transfer to a four-year college or university. Investigate if your particular program has any articulation agreements. These agreements guarantee acceptance of part or all of your AS or AAS credits. Otherwise, if you transfer to a college or university without an articulation agreements, technical courses are reviewed on a class by class basis. Typically, technical credits do not transfer to a four-year college or university without an articulation agreement.

What is an articulation agreement?
An articulation agreement is an agreement between Saint Paul College and a four-year college or university. This agreement specifies that all or some credits from a particular technical diploma or degree will be accepted towards a specified four-year degree program/major.

What are the 20 credits of pre-major/elective courses for the AA degree?
These 20 credits can consist of additional Minnesota Transfer Curriculum courses, other elective college credit courses, or technical credits. If you have not completed technical credits prior to your enrollment in the Associate in Arts program, it may be in your best interest to take additional MnTC or other courses that are fulfilling major/foreign language/math requirements for your Bachelor degree program of choice.

Admissions Process

I want to transfer to Saint Paul College, what is my first step?
See more information regarding transfer to Saint Pa​ul College.

I have international credits, will they transfer?

Saint Paul College does not evaluate international transcripts. If you have a transcript from a foreign country, you must have a third party transcript evaluator determine how the courses translate to U.S. courses. While we will accept evaluations from any AICE ( or NACES member (, we highly recommend Educational Credential Evaluators ( or World Education Services, Inc. ( Saint Paul College reserves the right to request additional information from yo​u such as course descriptions, syllabi, etc. Pathway Advisors can look at a copy prior to evaluation if the transcript is in English to determine whether it is worthwhile to pursue the third party evaluation process (i.e., whether there are courses that are likely to transfer).​

Do I have to take the ACCUPLACER assessment test?
All students must take the ACCUPLACER test (Reading, English, & Math) to complete their application to Saint Paul College. These assessments may be waived​ if you’ve taken the appropriate coursework at a regionally accredited institution.

What if I’ve taken the ACCUPLACER at another institution?
As long as the institution is regionally accredited and the assessment is less than TWO years old, we are happy to accept an official ACCUPLACER score report.

What if I took a different assessment test other than the ACCUPLACER?
We are unable to use any other assessment test besides the ACCUPLACER.

Do I need to submit official transcripts?
Yes! If you would like your credits to transfer, we will need your official transcripts from your previous institutions.

Will my ESL courses transfer?
No. Students must take the ACCUPLACER to complete their application.

Will my developmental courses transfer?
Developmental courses will not transfer, but they may be used to waive the assessment test if they were taken within the past five years.​​

One Click Away From Your Future
Visit Apply Request Info