The Open Computer Labs are available for current Saint Paul College students, and provide Windows PCs with USB flash drives, optical drives (CD-RW/DVD), and audio capabilities (users must supply their own headsets or earbuds). Both labs offer black and white printing.
The Main Open Computer Lab (room 3225) is equipped with five Macintosh computers, some additional specialty software, and a black and white copier equipped with digital document scanning capabilities.
Standard Software on Windows PCs
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, OneNote, Publisher)
- Adobe Reader
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Respondus LockDown Browser
- VLC Media Player
Specialty Software on select Windows PCs (check with a lab assistant for more details:
- 3M HIS Coding
- Express Scribe
- Hawkes Learning
- Irwin Keyboarding & Skillbuilding
- Lindsey Jones Clinical Software
- MasterCAM X7
- Microsoft Project
- Notepad ++
- Additional titles as requested by instructors
Open Computer Lab Guidelines
Out of respect for all students, please follow these rules when using open computer lab spaces:
- Open computer labs are quiet, individual study spaces. Please refrain from excess noise.
- Group study is not permitted. Group study is available in the Library Commons and designated rooms inside the Library.
- Food and beverages are not permitted.
- Cell phone use is prohibited, and phones should be either turned off or set to vibrate/silent.
- Children are not allowed.