Google Cardboard Checkout Process
Experience the easy way to get into virtual reality – check out a Google Cardboard viewer at the library.
- You need to provide a smartphone – the viewer will not work without one.
- 1 week checkout only (no renewals)
- Like any other item, the patron will be charged if Viewer is lost or damaged
How does it work?
- Scan the QR code on the side to download the app, or download “Google Cardboard” from the Google Play or iTunes store.
- After launching the app, place your phone into the box.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- The magnet “toggle” on the side is for selecting when needed. Pull it down and release. PLEASE DO NOT LOSE IT.
- Many other apps – both free and paid – are available. Some noteworthy ones:
- Titans of Space – an interactive tour of the solar system
- Sisters – a very scary experience
- Caaaaardboard! (paid) – a parkour-like game
- VRSE – documentary films
- Roller Coaster VR – do not play if you are easily motion sick
- Seene – lets you take 3D images with your phone, view and share them
- Lamper – you are a firefly that flies and gets coins
- Lost in the Kismet – an “escape the room” experience
- Google Street View - same street view, but you are immersed in it
For more information, visit the
Google Cardboard page.