The D2L Brightspace portal
is the College’s online learning management system (or LMS).
Click here to login to D2L Brightspace
Saint Paul College offers a variety of online courses:
Completely Online - courses taught through the Internet. These courses do not require students to come to the College
Blended/Hybrid - courses with both class time on campus and online activity.
Some face-to-face courses (those taught in a classroom on the campus) may also incorporate school work using the Brightspace tool.
Students must log into their courses by 11:00pm on Friday of the first week of the semester or the first week of class for classes that start later in the semester. Otherwise, they may be dropped from the course.
Training and Information
We provide the following learning opportunities to assist you in becoming familiar and proficient in using the D2L Brightspace program:
Saint Paul College is committed to providing learning opportunities to students that are free of place or time restrictions. By utilizing the latest technology, the College delivers courses at places and times that are convenient to the student.
Is Taking an Online Course Right for Me?
If you are looking for flexibility in your schedule, then online courses may be right for you. Consider exploring an online learning course if:
- You are self-motivated, self-disciplined, and can usually get things done ahead of time.
- You have easy access to a computer with a higher speed internet connection.
- You are comfortable with technology and are familiar with Microsoft Office, web browsers, and other basic computer applications.
- You are comfortable with following written instructions and rarely need instructor input.
- You are able to communicate well in writing.
- Your personal schedule allows for extra time to spend online.
Here are some additional resources available to help you decide if taking an online course is right for you:
MN Office of Higher Education for additional information on evaluating online programs.