Who is eligible to use the Book Charging process?
You may charge the cost of your books prior to financial aid being disbursed if you meet all the following criteria:
- You have received your Financial Aid Award Letter and have completed the loan application process if you will be using loan funds to pay for books and supplies.
- You are registered for Summer 2015 classes.
- The total financial aid you will be receiving, at your registered credit level, exceeds your current account balance.
- You have activated your Saint Paul College e-mail account. (Requests that are submitted without a Saint Paul College e-mail account will not be processed.)
- Completed and submitted a Financial Aid Book Charging request online.
- May 15, 2015 E-mail notification of approved book charging amount will be sent to your Saint Paul College email account if you applied for a book charging before May 15, 2015.
- May 18, 2015: Book Charging Process begins.
- June 4, 2015: Last day to submit Book Charging request.
- June 5, 2015: Last day to charge items for the book charging program.
Financial Aid Book Charging Process
The Financial Aid Book Charging Request will open on May 1, 2015 for Summer Term.
You will be held responsible for full payment of your books if you become ineligible for Financial Aid or your aid is not sufficient to cover your account balance. Failure to pay all charges on your account will prevent you from registering for future courses and a hold will be placed on all your academic records at Saint Paul College. Your debt will also be referred to the Minnesota Department of Revenue for collection.
You may go directly to the Bookstore to purchase your books and supplies in person. However, you may encounter long lines and thus we encourage you to reserve your books online. Please refer to the Saint Paul College Bookstore Web site for information on how to order your books online. You will need your Saint Paul College Tech ID, schedule and picture ID when charging your books at the Bookstore. Book charging must be completed by June 5, 2015.