Sheet metal workers gather information and specifications from blueprints for the fabrication and installation of air ducts.
They also install metal roofing and siding, stainless steel equipment for homes and industry, chutes for material transfer, signs, and rain dispersal equipment.
Employment is expected to increase and offer a vast arena of opportunities and job settings. Most of the graduates serve an apprenticeship with the Local #10 Sheet Metal Workers.
What You'll Learn
- Fabricate and install ducts for heating, cooling, filtering and humidifying the air we breathe.
- Read blueprints and prepare layout specifications.
- Safe usage of the latest tools and machines, such as computer controlled plasma cutting machines.
- Computer-aided drafting for design and fabrication of sheet metal products.
- Sheet metal welding and soldering process.
- Sheet metal fabrication companies
- Construction sheet metal worker
- Sheet metal production
- Advance on the job to foreman or job superintendent
- Own your own business
- Sheet Metal Connectors
- Albers Sheet Metal
- New Mech Mechanical Contractors
- Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors
- Northwest Sheet Metal
- Learn from experienced instructors who teach in a "hands on" environment.
- Your training will prepare you for sheet metal work on schools, homes, shopping centers, factories, hotels and other public and private buildings.
- Make and install heating and air conditioning systems, metal roofing and siding, chutes for material transfer signs, rain dispersal equipment and stainless steel kitchen equipment.
- Further advance your career through an apprentice or journeyperson training program.