Join us for an Information Session!
City View Grille, Saint Paul College
Thursday, December 10, 5:00pm - 7:00pm
Click here to RSVP for the Culinary Arts Info Session!
- At the information session, you'll be able to meet our expert faculty and learn about our excellent culinary arts programs.
- Take a tour of our brand new state-of the art kitchen labs - the best in the Twin Cities. Decide if the day or evening program works better for you.
- We're proud to welcome Saint Paul College alumna, Chef Sara Johannes, to our team. Whether it be as a contestant on Bravo's Top Chef, Executive Chef for Wolfgang Puck, or preparing dinner at the Oscars, Sara brings a lot of expertise with her!
Chefs and cooks prepare a variety of foods in many different environments, from preparation of a la carte (prepared to order) to banquets for hundreds of people. Responsibilities include sanitation, maintaining an accounting inventory control system, estimating the amount of food needed, purchasing food supplies and planning menus. Nutritional aspects of healthy cooking are increasingly incorporated into the chef's menu.
The Culinary Arts AAS Degree and Culinary Arts Diploma programs are accredited by the American Culinary Federation Education Foundation's Accrediting Commission (ACFEF).
Saint Paul College’s Culinary Arts AAS degree program is the only exemplary culinary program in public education in Minnesota. Exemplary Programs symbolize the highest educational standards recognized by the American Culinary Federation Education Foundation Accrediting Commission (ACFEFAC). The award is presented to programs that have proven full compliance with all ACFEFAC accreditation requirements in the last visiting team report along with excellent management of the program.
Post-Graduate Culinary Certificate - U of MN
The Culinary Arts program and the University of Minnesota’s Department of Food Science and Nutrition have partnered to create a post-graduate culinary certificate. The culinary certificate is available for University of Minnesota’s Food Science or Nutrition majors and is for one full-time semester or part-time over 2 semesters. For more information go to the U of M Post-Graduate Culinary Certificate Web page.
What You'll Learn
- Cost control and forecasting
- Restaurant operations and supervisory management
- Planning nutritional aspects of healthy cooking
- Introduction to wines and food pairing
- International/regional cuisine and classical cold buffet
- Hotels and restaurants
- Resorts and private clubs
- Catering and corporate dining
- Government, school facilities and health care facilities
- Bon Appetit
- Radisson Hotels & Resorts
- The Saint Paul Hotel
- Lund Food Holdings, Inc.
- Lake Elmo Inn
- Dakota Jazz Club & Restaurant
- Sysco Foods
- Minneapolis Hilton Towers
- Universal job market
- Expanding job market
- Entrepreneurial opportunities
- Articulation agreements with 4-year universities