The Associate in Science Degree in Management Information Systems is designed to provide the students with opportunities for immediate employment or for transfer to four-year institutions with whom Saint Paul College has credit transfer agreements. Students planning a career in this area should have above average mathematical reasoning and communication skills. Students should exhibit qualities of patience, perseverance, and preciseness, and should enjoy working in a team environment.
What You'll Learn
- Analyze complex business processes.
- Develop business process improvements.
- Develop comprehensive information system requirements to support business processes.
- Utilize accounting and business systems information to develop recommendations for operating cost reductions and improved use of capital investment.
- Business and industry
- Federal, state and local government
- U.S. Government
- US Bank
- Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Graduates will have a sound understanding of the accounting systems, and business systems that underlie Management Information Systems and be able to utilize this knowledge to analytically describe organization processes.
- With additional education and experience, students may advance to positions such as Systems Analyst, Software Architect, Business Analyst, and Accounting System Support Analyst.
- The College has developed articulation agreements with four-year institutions to assist students with their transfer goals. See a counselor or advisor for further information.