Esthetician services include specialized work with skin care products, analysis of skin, massage techniques, aromatherapy, facials, makeup applications, and temporary hair removal. After esthetician students complete 600 hours of skills and theory training and pass the written exam through the State designated testing service and skills certification, they are eligible for licensure through the Minnesota Board of Cosmetologist Examiners.
Saint Paul College's Esthetician Program is a CIDESCO school. This means the program prepares candidates for the CIDESCO examination. CIDESCO is an internationally recognized esthetics credential.
Comite'International d' Esthetique et de Cosmetologie e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site: www.cidesco.com
- Minnesota Salon & Spa Professional Association (MNSSPA)
Menu of Services
The Esthetician Department offers services to the general public as well as faculty, staff, and students. All work is done by STUDENTS ONLY, under the supervision of an instructor.
Esthetician Menu of Services
What You'll Learn
- Anatomy, physiology and histology of the skin and body
- Skin analysis and massage
- Cosmetic ingredients
- Customer service
- Makeup application
- Use of machines to administer skin treatments
- Temporary Hair Removal
- Brow and lash tinting
- Full Service Salons
- Day spas
- Fitness Centers
- Dermatologist and plastic surgeon offices
- Sales Representative
Licensing or certification exams are independent of graduation requirements.
- After esthetician students complete 600 hours of skills and theory training and pass the written through the State designated testing service and skills certification, they are eligible for licensure through the Minnesota Board of Cosmetologist Examiners.