The Photography Entrepreneur program prepares students for jobs in the exciting field of photography working for an existing company, starting their own company, or working as a freelance photographer. In the photography portion of the program the student will learn how to use their camera and the latest photo editing program (Adobe Photoshop CS5) to create almost any type of picture a client might want. In the business side of the Photography Entrepreneur program, the student will learn how to create a business, manage employees, and manage a business, along with learning negotiation skills and entrepreneurship resources.
To succeed in the Photography Entrepreneur program the student needs to be creative, have excellent communication skills, have patience, meet deadlines, be dependable and be able to work independently or within a team.
A digital camera is required for this program.
What You'll Learn
- Digital photography techniques
- Adobe Photoshop CS5
- Use of digital cameras in a wide variety of circumstances
- How to start and run a small business
- Negotiation skills and entrepreneurship resources
- Business knowledge needed to manage a small business
- Entry Level Photographer
- Studio Photographer
- Studio Owner
- Fine Art Photographer
- Sports Photographer
- Small Business Owner
- Freelance Photographer
- Graduates of this degree program may choose to continue their education and receive their 4 year degree