The Associate in Science Degree in Computer Science is designed to provide students with opportunities for immediate employment or for transfer to four-year institutions with whom Saint Paul College has credit transfer agreements.
Students planning a career in this area should have above average mathematical reasoning and communication skills. Students should exhibit qualities of patience, and preciseness, and should enjoy working in a team environment.
What You'll Learn
- To develop complex algorithms which underlie common programming tasks.
- How to construct and analyze the performance of complex data structures and use them to develop efficient computer programs.
- A sound understanding of the mathematics that underlies Computer Science and be able to develop and deploy computer programs which utilize it.
- Private industry
- Government agencies
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Minnesota Life
- Wells Fargo Bank
- State of Minnesota
- Northwest Airlines/Delta
- Graduates of this program may choose to continue their education at a four-year institution in a Computer Science or related field.
- With additional education and experience, students may advance to positions such as Database Analyst, Systems Analyst, Software Developer or Programmer-Analyst.