Culinary, Wine and Hospitality Information Session
Wednesday, October 5
6:00pm - 7:00pm
Register to reserve your spot at www.SaintPaul.edu/SignUp
The Hospitality Management curriculum focuses on the management of today’s exciting hospitality and entertainment industries. Students will receive a solid foundation of business practices related to this growing service industry.
Courses will examine organizations in lodging, tourism, entertainment, food and beverage operations. According to Hospitality Minnesota, a Roseville – based trade association, the industry employs more than 127,000 people and pays $3.7 billion in wages each year, making it the state’s second-largest industry. Nationally, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates have noted that the hospitality industry would generate more than 41,000 new jobs between 2004–2014.
There are a wide variety of employment opportunities including hotel/lodging operations, restaurant and catering management, travel and tourism, sports, recreation and facilities management, gaming and casino operations, meeting, convention and special event management.
What You'll Learn
- Hospitality and food service concepts
- Travel and tourism industry
- Management principles in the lodging industry
- Customer service skills and practices
- Hospitality and entertainment marketing and sales
- Hotel/lodging operation and management
- Travel and tourism management
- Food service management
- Convention, meeting and event management
- Municipal youth sports and recreation management
- Entertainment management
- Gain understanding of broad hospitality and food service concepts and key principles in the lodging industry
- Develop strong customer service skills and practices, including strong communications, problem-solving and human relations skills
- Learn management and marketing principles that apply to most organizations and industries.