Many people dream of owning their own business for financial and professional independence as well as the pride of ownership. A degree in Entrepreneurship/Small Business Management can help make that dream become a reality, by providing students with the skills and knowledge necessary to launch a successful business. In this degree program, students will: learn how to develop, maintain and grow their own business: explore entrepreneurial concepts and processes that apply to both start-up and well-established enterprises, with an innovative focus and entrepreneurial spirit: analyze how an organization contributes to society and how entrepreneurship and commercial activities affect the environment: explore topics such as market opportunity, product development, intellectual property, and commercialization. Entrepreneurship and small business plays a key role in the U.S. economy by providing jobs to a large segment of the workforce. Completing this degree will help the small business entrepreneur maximize the skills and abilities necessary to do business in our challenging environment.
What You'll Learn
- Marketing plan development, public relations, advertising, sales promotion and other core marketing concepts
- Key business communication technology
- Fundamental management concepts and principles
- Legal principles of business, including basic laws, contracts, dispute resolution and rights and responsibilities of the business community
- Economic, international business, business ethics, accounting and financial principles
- Your own business
- All businesses and industries
- Choice of Entrepreneurship or Marketing emphasis.
- Classes can be transferred to a bachelor’s degree at a four year institution.
- Upgrade current leadership and innovative skills to increase opportunities for success in a current or new entrepreneurship enterprise.