The opportunities for employment in the administrative management area are unlimited depending on the individual's strengths and interests. Effective use of people, technology, systems, equipment, and space are the keys to competent office management. The jobs that are expected to grow the fastest are with service and professional firms. Earnings vary with size of company, location, industry, function, responsibilities, education, experience, and ability.
Business Administration is recommended for experienced office staff (those wishing to increase their potential for promotion) as well as entry-level office workers. A fast track option is now available.
What you'll learn
- Advanced Microsoft Office applications and in-depth software knowledge
- Expert office management skills
- Problem solving and effective business communications
- Marketing and management fundamentals
- Small business or corporate offices
- City, county, state or federal agencies
- Financial institutions
- Ecolab, Inc.
- Deluxe Corporation
- State of Minnesota
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Learn from instructors with occupational experience in their field.
- Train in a "hands-on" environment.
- Gain experience in office protocol via internships and/or capstone courses.