02/20 - Saint Paul College will be closed on Monday, February 20, 2017 for President's Day. The College will re-open on Tuesday, February 21, 2017.Close
Management Information SystemsManagement Information Systems Associate in Science Degree
The Management Information Systems Associate in Science (AS) Degree is designed to provide the students with opportunities for immediate employment or for transfer to four-year institutions with whom we have credit transfer agreements.
A management information system degree prepares the student for a career that combines business techniques and computer systems capability. Students study how to provide reporting and analysis using best practices in information technology.
Students planning a career in management information systems (MIS) should have above average mathematical reasoning and communication skills. Students should exhibit qualities of patience, perseverance, and preciseness, and should enjoy working in a team environment.
Program Delivery Methods
Online, hybrid, traditional in-class courses and hands-on training in state-of-the-art labs on Saint Paul College campus, St. Paul, MN
What You'll Learn
- How to analyze complex business processes and develop business process improvements
- How to help build and test information systems in an organization
- How to utilize accounting and business systems information to develop recommendations for operating cost reductions and improved use of capital investment
- A sound understanding of business systems, current technologies, organizational structures, and communication tools
Program Requirements Guides
View the Program Requirement Guide to learn about Minimum Program Entry Requirements, Recommended Course Sequence and Program Outcomes:
General Education/MnTC Requirements
The Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) is the general education
curriculum for the Minnesota State system. Choose MnTC courses according
to the requirements listed on your Program Requirements Guide. Refer to
the MnTC course list for each Goal Area:
Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) list.pdf
View all course descriptions
- Business and industry
- Federal, state and local government
Saint Paul College has transfer articulation agreements between the following program and post-secondary institutions for the baccalaureate degree programs listed below. For more information please contact a transfer specialist or go to www.saintpaul.edu/Transfer
Management Information Systems AS
- BA Individualized Studies, Metropolitan State University
- BS Management Information Systems, Metropolitan State University
- BS Information Technology, Saint Mary’s University-Twin Cities Campus
- BS Computer Information Systems, College of St. Scholastica
- Graduates will have a sound understanding of the accounting systems, and business systems that underlie Management Information Systems and be able to utilize this knowledge to analytically describe organization processes.
- With additional education and experience, students may advance to positions such as Systems Analyst, Software Architect, Business Analyst, and Accounting System Support Analyst.
Meet the Faculty
Information provided by www.careerwise.mnscu.edu.