02/20 - Saint Paul College will be closed on Monday, February 20, 2017 for President's Day. The College will re-open on Tuesday, February 21, 2017.Close
Hospitality ManagementHospitality Management Associate in Applied Science Degree
The Hospitality Management Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Degree curriculum focuses on the management of today’s exciting hospitality and entertainment industries. Courses examine careers and organizations in lodging, tourism, leisure, recreation, entertainment, food and beverage operations. Students
will receive a solid foundation of business practices related to the growing hospitality service industry.
to Hospitality Minnesota, hospitality is the state’s second-largest industry,
suggesting high profitability for a student pursuing an associate’s in hospitality management in MN. Nationally, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates have noted that the hospitality industry would generate 6.4% new jobs by 2024. Locally, Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development predicts job growth for Leisure and Hospitality positions to grow from 5%-12.1% (varies by job) by the year 2024.
Program Delivery Methods
Hybrid, online and traditional in-class courses on Saint Paul College campus, St. Paul, MN
What You'll Learn
- Hospitality and food service concepts
- Travel and tourism industry
- Management principles in the lodging industry
- Customer service skills and practices
- Hospitality and entertainment marketing and sales
Program Requirements Guides
View the Program Requirement Guide to learn about Minimum Program Entry Requirements, Recommended Course Sequence and Program Outcomes:
General Education/MnTC Requirements
The Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) is the general education
curriculum for the Minnesota State system. Choose MnTC courses according
to the requirements listed on your Program Requirements Guide. Refer to
the MnTC course list for each Goal Area:
Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) list.pdf
View all course descriptions
- Hotel/lodging operation and management
- Travel and tourism management
- Food service management
- Convention, meeting and event management
- Municipal youth sports and recreation management
- Entertainment management
Saint Paul College has transfer articulation agreements between the following program and post-secondary institutions for the baccalaureate degree programs listed below. For more information please contact a transfer specialist or go to www.saintpaul.edu/Transfer.
Hospitality Management AAS Degree
- BA Individualized Studies, Metropolitan State University
- BA Travel and Tourism, Saint Cloud State University
- BS Marketing, Saint Mary’s University-Twin Cities Campus
- Gain understanding of broad hospitality and food service concepts and key principles in the lodging industry
- Develop strong customer service skills and practices, including strong communications, problem-solving and human relations skills
- Learn management and marketing principles that apply to most organizations and industries.
Meet the Faculty
Accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs for meeting the rigorous educational standards established by the ACBSP.
Business Department Mission
The mission of the Business Department at Saint Paul College is to sustain the College mission by providing quality, lifelong business education supported by technology for a diverse, metropolitan student population.
Information provided by www.careerwise.mnscu.edu.