02/20 - Saint Paul College will be closed on Monday, February 20, 2017 for President's Day. The College will re-open on Tuesday, February 21, 2017.Close
Health Sciences Broad FieldHealth Sciences Broadfield Associate in Science Degree
The Health Sciences Broadfield Associate in Science Degree program is a transfer degree designed to provide general education courses for students interested in health sciences, but have not yet decided which specific health care field they intend to pursue.
Program Delivery Methods
Hybrid, online and traditional in-class courses on Saint Paul College campus, St. Paul, MN
What You'll Learn
- How to utilize the English language effectively to read, write, speak, and listen critically.
- How to develop the capacity to identify, discuss, and reflect upon social and behavioral issues.
- Ability to demonstrate comprehension of human and biological systems.
- How to enhance mathematical and logical thinking techniques.
- How to improve your awareness and understanding of health, wellness, and liberal arts.
Program Requirements Guides
View the Program Requirement Guide to learn about Minimum Program Entry Requirements, Recommended Course Sequence and Program Outcomes:
General Education/MnTC Requirements
The Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) is the general education
curriculum for the Minnesota State system. Choose MnTC courses according
to the requirements listed on your Program Requirements Guide. Refer to
the MnTC course list for each Goal Area:
Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) list.pdf
View all course descriptions
Students enrolled in the Health Sciences Broad Field AS degree will acquire all of the skills and knowledge needed to provide a smooth transition into baccalaureate health related programs such as:
- Community Health
- Dental Hygiene
- Social Work
- Health Education
- Food and Nutrition
- Exercise Science
Saint Paul College has transfer articulation agreements between the following program and post-secondary institutions for the baccalaureate degree programs listed below. For more information please contact a transfer advisor or go to www.saintpaul.edu/Transfer.
- BS Community Health, Exercise Science, Nursing (limited), Bemidji State University
- BSN Nursing (limited), Metropolitan State University
- BS Exercise Science, Health Teacher Education, Minnesota State University-Moorhead
- BS Communication Disorders, Foods and Nutrition, Dental Hygiene (limited), Therapeutic Recreation, Dietetics, Nursing (limited), Corrections, Psychology, Health Science, Social Work, Minnesota State University, Mankato
- BS Human Biology, Northwestern Health Sciences University
- BS Athletic Training, Community Health, Social Work, St. Cloud State University
- BS Exercise Science, Southwest Minnesota State University
- BS Biology, Health, Exercise and Rehabilitative Sciences, Movement Sciences, Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Community Health, Nursing (limited), Winona State University
- Health Care Administration, Concordia University St. Paul
Transfer Advisors are the Pathway Advisors for the Health Sciences Broad Field AS degree and are located in the Transfer Center, Room 1340, Main Floor.
Meet the Faculty
Information provided by www.careerwise.mnscu.edu.