02/20 - Saint Paul College will be closed on Monday, February 20, 2017 for President's Day. The College will re-open on Tuesday, February 21, 2017.Close
Global TradeGlobal Trade Specialist Associate in Applied Science Degree
Global Trade Professional Certificate
Careers in global trade, also known as international trade, offer you the opportunity to work in the international marketplace. Global trade specialists work with people from foreign countries, handling foreign orders, filling overseas orders, and determining tariff rates for the entry of foreign goods through U.S. Customs.
The Global Trade Specialist Associate in Applied Science (AS) Degree program provides an excellent foundation for individuals wanting to be entrepreneurs in the growing import/export field. Global trade is especially suited for persons who are self-reliant, imaginative, adaptable, and who possess an interest in working with people from other cultures.
The Global Trade Professional Certificate program is transferable to the Global Trade Specialist AAS program. This certificate program is designed for an individual who is currently working in the global trade/logistics field, or has a prior degree. It is not for entry level to the global trade field, but is designed as an add-on certificate to enhance and build on prior knowledge.
Program Delivery Methods
Hybrid, online and traditional in-class courses on Saint Paul College campus, St. Paul, MN
What You'll Learn
- Export and import compliance
- Filling overseas orders for goods and services
- Export shipping and documentation labeling to suit overseas markets
- Determining tariff rates for the entry of foreign goods
- An understanding of U.S. customs regulations and classifications
Program Requirements Guides
View the Program Requirement Guide to learn about Minimum Program Entry Requirements, Recommended Course Sequence and Program Outcomes:
General Education/MnTC Requirements
The Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) is the general education
curriculum for the Minnesota State system. Choose MnTC courses according
to the requirements listed on your Program Requirements Guide. Refer to
the MnTC course list for each Goal Area:
Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) list.pdf
View all course descriptions
- Export and import departments of businesses
- International Sales/Marketing Assistant
- International Marketing Communication Coordinator
- International Customer Service Coordinator
- Export-Import Coordinator
- Datacard Group
- Wells Fargo
- Polaris Industries
- Donaldson Company, Inc.
- Best Buy
Saint Paul College has transfer articulation agreements between the following program and post-secondary institutions for the baccalaureate degree programs listed below. For more information please contact a transfer specialist or go to www.saintpaul.edu/Transfer.
Global Trade AAS Degree
- BAS International Commerce, Metropolitan State University
- BS Applied Organizational Studies, Minnesota State University-Mankato
- BS Business Administration, Saint Mary's University-Twin Cities Campus
- Learn from experienced instructors who teach in a "hands on" environment.
- Develop technical knowledge through the use of computer software systems.
- Work as an intern in a business environment while attending college.
- Prepare to work in the international market place in the fast-growing Export-Import field.
Meet the Faculty
Accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs for meeting the rigorous educational standards established by the ACBSP.
Business Department Mission
The mission of the Business Department at Saint Paul College is to sustain the College mission by providing quality, lifelong business education supported by technology for a diverse, metropolitan student population.
Information provided by www.careerwise.mnscu.edu.