02/20 - Saint Paul College will be closed on Monday, February 20, 2017 for President's Day. The College will re-open on Tuesday, February 21, 2017.Close
Associate in Arts Degree - Emphasis in Communication StudiesAA Degree - Emphasis in Communication Studies
The Associate in Arts Degree - Emphasis in Communication Studies provides students with the opportunity to learn how to write strong messages and speak persuasively.
Students will also build skills in networking, team building, and conflict management.
Students who successfully complete the Associate in Arts Degree - Emphasis in Communication Studies will be prepared to transfer to a baccalaureate program in Professional Communications.
Program Delivery Methods
Online, hybrid, traditional in-class courses and hands-on training in state-of-the-art labs on Saint Paul College campus, St. Paul, MN
What You'll Learn
- Important concepts and principles of the natural science, mathematics history, social and behavioral sciences, arts, and humanities
- Skills in thinking, communication, and methods of inquiry and applications of knowledge
- How to critically examine and develop an appreciation for diverse people, cultures, and life roles
- Oral and written communication skills to communicate with a wide range of diverse populations
- An understanding of communication skills in both spoken and written form.
Program Requirements Guides
View the Program Requirement Guide to learn about Minimum Program Entry Requirements, Recommended Course Sequence and Program Outcomes:
General Education/MnTC Requirements
The Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) is the general education
curriculum for the Minnesota State system. Choose MnTC courses according
to the requirements listed on your Program Requirements Guide. Refer to
the MnTC course list for each Goal Area:
Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) list.pdf
View all course descriptions
Additional Requirements for AA Degree
- At least 60 earned college-level credits (40 MnTC credits and 20 additional MnTC, pre-major or elective credits)
- A grade of “C” or better in ENGL1711
- Associate in Arts (AA) cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Meet Saint Paul College residency requirement: 20 credits. This requirement may be reduced to 12 credits with transfer of at least 12 college-level credits from another Minnesota State College and University or the University of Minnesota.
Students who successfully complete the Associate in Arts Degree - Emphasis in Communication Studies will be prepared to transfer to a baccalaureate program in Professional Communications. With a degree in communications you can work in a number of fields within the following areas:
- The Arts
- Audio-Video Technology
- Customer Relations
- Media Relations
- Journalism and
Saint Paul College has transfer articulation agreements between the following program and post-secondary institution for the baccalaureate degree programs listed below. For more information please contact a transfer specialist or go to www.saintpaul.edu/Transfer.
AA Degree - Emphasis in Communication Studies
- BA Professional Communication - Metropolitan State University
Meet the Faculty
Information provided by www.careerwise.mnscu.edu.