Computer ScienceComputer Science Associate of Science Degree
Learn about Saint Paul College's computer science and graphics programs! You can also get help with your application and register for classes.
The Associate in Science (AS) Degree of Computer Science is designed to provide students with opportunities for immediate employment or for transfer to four-year institutions with whom we have credit transfer agreements.
Students planning a career in this area should have above average mathematical reasoning and communication skills.
Students should exhibit qualities of patience, and preciseness, and should enjoy working in a team environment.
Program Delivery Methods
Online, hybrid, traditional in-class courses and hands-on training in state-of-the-art labs on Saint Paul College campus, St. Paul, MN
What You'll Learn
- How to develop complex algorithms which underlie common programming tasks
- How to construct and analyze the performance of complex data structures and use them to develop efficient computer programs
- A sound understanding of the mathematics that underlies Computer Science and be able to develop and deploy computer programs which utilize it
Program Requirements Guides
View the Program Requirement Guide to learn about Minimum Program Entry Requirements, Recommended Course Sequence and Program Outcomes:
General Education/MnTC Requirements
The Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) is the general education
curriculum for the Minnesota State system. Choose MnTC courses according
to the requirements listed on your Program Requirements Guide. Refer to
the MnTC course list for each Goal Area:
Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) list.pdf
View all course descriptions
- Private industry
- Government agencies
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Minnesota Life
- Wells Fargo Bank
- State of Minnesota
- Delta Airlines
Saint Paul College has transfer articulation agreements between the following program and post-secondary institutions for the baccalaureate degree programs listed below.
For more information please go to www.saintpaul.edu/Transfer.
Computer Science AS Degree
- BA Individualized Studies, Metropolitan State University
- BS Information Technology, Saint Mary's University-Twin Cities Campus
- BS Computer Information Systems, College of St. Scholastica
- Graduates of this program may choose to continue their education at a four-year institution in a Computer Science or related field.
- With additional education and experience, students may advance to positions such as Database Analyst, Systems Analyst, Software Developer or Programmer-Analyst.
Meet the Faculty