02/20 - Saint Paul College will be closed on Monday, February 20, 2017 for President's Day. The College will re-open on Tuesday, February 21, 2017.Close
Computer AnimationComputer Animation Certificate
The Computer Animation Certificate is intended to give students the skills needed to work as a digital animator. The classes required for this certificate will have students learning the most up-to-date animation and video software packages including Blender, Flash, Premiere Pro, After Effects and other applications. Intensive hands-on participation will be stressed in creating 3D models, animations, and scenes.
Emphasis is placed on practical, real-world application of their skills. Upon certificate completion, students will have multiple short animation projects suitable for a portfolio or demo reel.
Program Delivery Methods
Online, hybrid, traditional in-class courses and hands-on training in state-of-the-art labs on Saint Paul College campus, St. Paul, MN
What You'll Learn
- How to take an animation idea from concept through production
- How to create and edit digital sound for use in computer animation
- Video production techniques including pre-production, production and post-production with focus on creating digital video
- 2-D and 3-D graphic development and manipulation
Program Requirements Guides
View the Program Requirement Guide to learn about Minimum Program Entry Requirements, Recommended Course Sequence and Program Outcomes:
View all course descriptions
Digital Camera, USB Drive, Adobe Software
- Video game industry
- Web design and multimedia departments
- Computer animation companies and departments
- Self-employed free lance
Meet the Faculty
Information provided by www.careerwise.mnscu.edu.