02/20 - Saint Paul College will be closed on Monday, February 20, 2017 for President's Day. The College will re-open on Tuesday, February 21, 2017.Close
CNC ToolmakingCNC Toolmaking Diploma
The CNC Toolmaking Diploma program trains students to become skilled craftspeople who make precision metal parts that are highly specialized and not mass produced. Machinists produce parts from metal castings, forgings, stampings, or from solid metal stock. They make parts to exact specifications by removing excess metal with the aid of machine tools, numerically controlled machines, computer assisted machinery, and precise measuring and gauging equipment.
As the economy expands, so will the demand for manufactured goods that need machine metal parts. Graduates of the CNC Toolmaking program are hired by industries that manufacture
automobiles, industrial machinery, military equipment, and other metal
Program Delivery Methods
Traditional in-class and hands-on training in state-of-the-art lab on Saint Paul College campus, St. Paul, MN
What You'll Learn
- Knowledge and skills to make precision machined parts and tooling
- Knowledge and skills to program and operate CNC machinery using CAD and CAM
- Communication skills such as blueprint reading, practical geometric dimensioning and shop CAD/CAM skills
- How to operate and set-up inspection and gauging equipment.
Program Requirements Guides
View the Program Requirement Guide to learn about Minimum Program Entry Requirements, Recommended Course Sequence and Program Outcomes:
View all course descriptions
Estimated Cost for Student Supplies
The estimated cost for student supplies is $950.
- Mold shops
- Contract machine shops
- Precision Machining
- Project Management
- Die shops
- CAD/CAM/CNC Machining
- Medical device
- Research and development machine shops
- Defense Manufacturing
- OEM Suppliers
- Remmele Engineering
- Kurt Manufacturing
- Wilson Tool International
- 3M Company
- MoTech Corporation
- Mate Punch & Die
- Dynamic Engineering
- JRM Machine
- LOFTech Prototype Manufacturing
Saint Paul College has a transfer articulation agreement between the following program and post-secondary institution for the baccalaureate degree program listed below. For more information please contact a transfer specialist or go to www.saintpaul.edu/Transfer.
CNC Toolmaking Diploma
- BS Operations Management, Minnesota State University-Moorhead
- Learn from instructors with experience in the profession.
- Graduates will have the knowledge and skills to meet national entry-level skills standards.
- At many places of employment, graduates can apply training received at the College towards the completion of apprenticeship requirements.
Meet the Faculty
Information provided by www.careerwise.mnscu.edu.