02/20 - Saint Paul College will be closed on Monday, February 20, 2017 for President's Day. The College will re-open on Tuesday, February 21, 2017.Close
Robotic WeldingRobotic Welding Certificate
Robotic welding is an exciting and growing part of the welding profession. Robotic tools can automate some high production applications, such as resistance spot welding and arc welding.
Professional fabricators and CNC operators are highly skilled individuals who excel in math, geometry, formulations, programming, critical thinking, and blueprint reading.
Physical requirements include good eyesight, good hand and eye coordination, standing for long periods of time and the ability to perform heavy, physical work.
Program Delivery Methods
Traditional in-class and hands-on training in state-of-the-art lab on Saint Paul College campus, St. Paul, MN
What You'll Learn
- How to setup and break-down procedures of CNC equipment including press brake, CNC plasma cutting and robotic welding
- Sheet metal bend deduction formulation
- Welding and finishing processes and fabrication equipment
Program Requirements Guides
View the Program Requirement Guide to learn about Minimum Program Entry Requirements, Recommended Course Sequence and Program Outcomes:
View all course descriptions
Students must be a graduate of the Welding Technology Diploma/AAS or have instructor approval.
Estimated cost for student supplies is $520.
- Manufacturing plants as production welders, specialist welders, layout engineers, press brake and CNC operators both in structural and non-structural settings
- Welding/fabricating is widely used in the aircraft, automotive, heavy equipment, sheet metal, and other trades that use fabrication and CNC equipment
Graduates will be prepared for employment in the welding industry and related fabrication fields.
Meet the Faculty
Information provided by www.careerwise.mnscu.edu.