As a part of the Minnesota State system, Saint Paul College receives funding via the legislative request submitted by Minnesota State.
Minnesota State is the fifth largest system of colleges and universities in the nation with 30 state colleges and universities across the state that serve as an essential resource to students, business, and industry.
In addition to requesting its operating budget, Minnesota State is requesting $178 million in new funding for fiscal years 2018 and 2019.
FY2018-FY2019 MINNESOTA STATE LEGISLATIVE REQUEST
$178 million in new funding over the next biennium
- $143 million to support and protect campuses like Saint Paul College
- $25 million for critical technology replacements impacting Saint Paul College
- $10 million for student incentive grants
To see the Minnesota State FY2018-FY2019 Budget Request, click here.
To see the complete Minnesota State FY2018-FY2019 Legislative Request book, click here.
IMPACT OF THE MINNESOTA STATE LEGISLATIVE REQUEST TO (COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY)
- Saint Paul College will receive $3.6 million of the $143 million supporting and protecting campuses, and an estimated 1,137 students will be supported by the funding for incentive grants
A fully funded request will allow us to:
- Provide support for high-demand programs and maintain course offerings that supply skilled graduates to the workforce.
- Maintain essential support services personnel who ensure student access to college and success.
Not fully funded request will cause us to:
- Reduce 400-500 graduates annually in high-demand STEM programs.
- Cut specialized courses and support services for underprepared students, potentially reducing retention and completion rates.
- Reduce funding for the Power of YOU and Make It Count programs, decreasing access for 50 full-time underrepresented students annually.
To learn more about the impact of the Minnesota State legislative request to Saint Paul College, click here.
2017 (COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY) CAPITAL REQUEST
Should any portion of the Minnesota State capital request be funded, Saint Paul College is included for:
- $2.5 million in asset preservation (HEAPR)
EXTRAORDINARY REASONS TO #FUNDMINNESOTASTATE AND (COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY)
- Saint Paul College is one of 37 state colleges and universities that are part of the Minnesota State system.
- The colleges and universities that make up Minnesota State are home to 54 campuses, one of which belong to Saint Paul College.
- Minnesota State serves 396,000 students annually, and Saint Paul College serves 11,351 of those students.
- Minnesota State serves more students of color, first generation college students, and low-income students, including the 60% of Saint Paul College students who are students of color and the 53% who are Pell eligible.
- Saint Paul College partners with companies like 3M, Graco USA and Productivity Inc. in an effort to make sure we offer the right programs, in the right places, turning out the right number of graduates who are prepared with the necessary knowledge and skills to be successful in the jobs of the future.
See the Minnesota State Extraordinary Facts sheet by clicking here.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE LEGISLATIVE SESSION AND ITS IMPACT ON SAINT PAUL COLLEGE: