Saint Paul College now uses a safe file transfer service called MoveItSecurely. The service provides a secure platform to send or receive sensitive or large files to and from recipients, both inside and outside the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) system.
This service is available to all MnSCU employees. The MoveItSecurely service is located at: https://moveitsecurely.mnscu.edu
General use instructions
Saint Paul College employees should login using their StarID. Recipients of files should use their email address and the password sent to them to login to retrieve files.
Packages sent via this message will only be available for 14 days. After 14 days, the package is automatically deleted from the system, and will have to be uploaded again.
For more information about the file transfer services and how to use MoveItSecurely go to: https://moveitsecurely.mnscu.edu/doc/en/help.htm
To send a file:
- Log in with your StarID and password
- If you are presented with an "Install the Upload/Download Wizard" window, follow the steps to install the necessary files (allow pop-ups – this installation only has to run one time)
- If not on the home page, click on the "Home" link (left side of the window, below the MnSCU logo)
- From the home page, scroll to the bottom and select "Send a new package..."
- In the "To" field, enter the email address of the person(s) to whom you are sending the file
- Enter a subject and any explanation in the "Note" field (neither can be blank); note that text entered in the Subject field is sent unencrypted, so do not include sensitive information in the Subject
- Attach the file(s):
- In the "Files" section, click on the link to launch the Upload/Download Wizard
- In the pop-up window, click on "Add a File" or "Add a Folder", as appropriate
- Browse to and select the files or folders to be sent and click on "Open" -- multiple files and folders may be selected
- When all of the desired files/folders are shown, click on "Next>", then click on "Next>" again
- After the files have completed uploading to the server, click on "OK"
- Click on "Send" -- an email is sent to each recipient to retrieve the file(s)
- If you see a screen with a password for a recipient:
- That person doesn't already have a MoveItSecurely account for that email address. It is important that you record this password, as it cannot be retrieved later.
- Let the user know their password -- in this case, their username is the email address to which you sent the package (it is best to do this via phone or text message instead of by email)
- For any recipient where no password screen is presented, that person will use their StarID
- When you see the message stating that the package has been sent, click on "Sign Out"
To retrieve a file:
- Log in with your email address and the password that was supplied to you
- Go to the Inbox and download the packages available.