From a Windows PC, you can locate Internet Explorer on your desktop. Double click the Internet Explorer icon. If you are using a Apple/Macintosh computer, you can use Firefox as your Internet browser.
Go to: https://saintpaul.ims.mnscu.edu
This will take you to the Saint Paul College online learning Home page; an area designed as a launch pad to all of your Saint Paul College online courses. Now that you have successfully accessed Saint Paul College's D2L Home page, perform a system check by clicking Click here to perform a System Check and log into D2L. Video instructions are located on the Home page.
- **Note: Lockdown Browser is a web browser typically used in taking quizzes in D2L. For more information on Lockdown Browser click here.
Accessing Your Online Course
In the center of your My Home page is My Saint Paul College Courses
- Click the desired course link
To access course related material, click Content on the 2nd blue navigation bar
Accessing Course Tools
From the bottom blue navigation bar, you can access the following by clicking:
- Content - this includes, but is not limited to: syllabus, assignments, PowerPoint presentations, external Web links, PDFs, practice quizzes, etc.
- Discussions - asynchronous discussion board
- Chat - synchronous (real time) chat rooms which can be private or public
- Classlist - directory of names, e-mails, and the group setup which allows you quick access to classmates and/or instructor
- Dropbox - area where you submit your assignments electronically to your instructor
- Links - an interactive tool that allows you to browse through available links
- Checklist - area where you can use as a visual guideline to determine what needs to be accomplished
- Quizzes - lists past, current, and future quizzes
- Grades - enables you to view your progress as well as any comments given by your instructor
- Help - explanation of individual Desire2Learn tools
- Survey - anonymously answered surveys relating to the course
From the top blue navigation bar, you can access the following by clicking:
- My Home - initial page after logging into Desire2Learn
- Email - outgoing e-mail only
- Locker - this is an area where you can upload and store personal files pertaining to your course
- Logout - log out of your Desire2Learn course
D2L Technical Support
- E-mail: D2lHelp
- Marti Docken: 651.846.1339
- Dan Thompson: 651.846.1779