More than 800,000 managers nationwide (10,000 in Minnesota alone) have been certified in this program which most state and local health jurisdictions recognize as meeting their requirements. The Minnesota Department of Health requires most food service establishments to have a certified food professional on staff at all times. This course fulfills and meets the food manager certification requirements for the State of Minnesota. ServSafe training empowers you to protect against food borne illness, minimizes insurance costs, reduces liability and improves food quality.
ServSafe Food Certification Course
Participants are trained and tested through the ServSafe Serving Safe Food Certification Course.
You'll learn about:
- Potentially hazardous foods and safe food handling practices
- The HAACP system of food safety
- Setting up standards and procedures
Plus you'll receive:
- A ServSafe Certificate of Completion, upon passing the required exam
- Continuing Education Units issued by many associations and state and local health departments.
- Entry into a national certification registry.
Attending the ServSafe seminars gives you:
- Certification through the industries leading food safety training program
- Information you'll need to train your managers and employees in food safety
- Increased profitability in your operation
- Participation in the International Food Safety Council
- Educational units toward your Foodservice Management Professional (FMP) certification
All courses are 10 hours long. Cost of the course is $170 which includes the course book and exam fee.
Register for Food Manager Certification
Courses may be cancelled due to low registration. If a course is cancelled, your fee can be refunded or you may transfer to another scheduled class.
Food Manager Recertification Course
Your Minnesota Department of Health Food Manager Certification expires three years from the date on your original certificate. You must be recertified BEFORE that date. In addition, the cities of Minneapolis, St. Paul and Hennepin and Ramsey counties require recertification. This four-hour course meets the recertification requirements.
Prior to the expiration date on your certificate, you will receive a renewal application from the Minnesota Department of Health. That is your notice to call us and sign up for a recertification class. Upon completion of the class, you send a photocopy of your Award of Completion along with your renewal application back to the Department of Health.
You are encouraged to review the ServSafe book you received during your initial certification. Recertification will focus on:
- A review of basic sanitation including biological, physical and chemical hazards, personal hygiene, cross-contamination, time and temperature controls, food allergens and blood borne pathogens
- Trends in food consumption and production including ethnic needs and food irradiation
- A discussion of food terrorism including anthrax and Norwalk Virus
- Group activities including problem solving
- Viewing of real life scenarios on improper food handling
All courses are 4 hours long and cost $80.00.
Register for Food Manager Recertification
Courses may be cancelled due to low registration. If a course is cancelled your fee can be refunded or you may transfer to another scheduled class.