This course covers everything a new or existing business owner needs to know about protecting their assets, and their self-interests. This 4 hour course given in 2 hour sessions over two nights covers the following areas:
- Trademarks & Service marks: Source indication, Unique in Market, Term, State and Federal Jurisdiction,
- Copyrights: Protects Expression, No Cause of Action without Registration, Term, and Work for hire.
- Patents: Utility-Protection of Concept, Design Patent, 1 Yr. Statutory Bar.
- Trade Secrets: Make Reasonable Effort to Keep, Convey Business Advantage, Misappropriation of Trade Secret.
- Contracts: Non-Disclosure, Non-Compete, Licenses, Formation, Remedies.
- Business Entity: Sole Proprietorship, Partnership, Corporation, S-Corporation, Limited Liability Partnership, Limited Liability Corporation.
- Sales and USE Tax: Filing Quarterly for Employees and business taxes.
Managing Legal Risk:
- Recruiting & Hiring: a Manager's Guide to Staying Out of Court.
- The American Disabilities Act (ADA): Tough Question & Straight Answers.
For more information regarding this page, contact:
Customized Training Account Manager
E-mail David Baker